Meiji Jingu is unique in many aspects:
- -Several million people visit Meiji Jingu as their first shrine visit of the year.
- -The massive manmade forest envelops visitors in the middle of Tokyo.
- -Shinto ritual ceremonies are held from time to time.
- -Wedding processions and other Japanese traditional rites of life can be seen.
- -Foreign VIPs often visit Meiji Jingu.
- -Many sake barrels and Western wine barrels displayed at the two-sides of the approach(sando) are the offerings to the shrine.
- -The Meiji Jingu Museum was newly opened in 2019.
- -Meiji Jingu is adjacent to several train stations.
- and so on